A special focus on sleep studies with whole body plethysmography
Plethysmography utilizes a non-invasive technique which allows conscious polysomnography, or sleep studies, in unanaesthetized, spontaneously breathing subjects. This technique provides continuous high-fidelity respiratory recordings during sleep and wakefulness based on measures of tidal volume, respiratory rate and minute ventilation.
BENEFITS FOR SLEEP STUDIES
- Easy-to-use, no surgery required
- Does not require anaesthetics, which can depress the neural-network controlling respiration
- Freely moving subjects, limiting stress-related changes in respiration due to restraints
- Conscious, ability to respond to real-time changes
- Plethysmography systems may also integrate with a mass flow controller to measure these respiratory effects under chronic intermittent periods of hypoxia, a key feature of sleep apnea.
EASY INTEGRATION WITH CARDIO AND NEURO PARAMETERS
Integration of electroencephalogram (EEG), electrocardiogram (ECG) & electromyogram (EMG) recordings with respiratory signals offer a detailed characterization of the neurological and cardiopulmonary contributions in a sleep-disordered breathing state.
IOX SOFTWARE HIGHLIGHTS
- Measures ventilatory parameters: Respiratory Rate (RR), estimated Tidal Volume (VT), Minute Ventilation (V) or Periodic breathing
- Specific apnea analyzer for counting and analyzing apneas which can be precisely tuned for breath to breath acceptance or rejection
- Automated alarms when clinically relevant physiologic triggers are reached
- Gas mixture delivery (O2, CO2 and N2) can be automated through IOX software with protocols for evaluation of hypoxia, hyperoxia and hypercapnia.
easyTEL implantable system transmits physiological data from conscious freely moving laboratory animals. Our range of implants offers the ability to record the following parameters, depending on your study needs:
- Biopotential (ECG, EEG, EMG)
- Blood pressure
- Activity from acceleration
Click here to schedule a meeting with one of our specialists during EB 2017.
Sunday, April 23rd - 9:00am to 4:00pm
Monday, April 24th - 9:00am to 4:00pm
Tuesday, April 25th - 9:00am to 4:00pm